Oh yeah!!! -- http://www.americanmustacheinstitute.org
Murray Mayor Dan Snarr is up for the 2009 Mustached American of the Year Robert Goulet Award.
Today is the last day to vote! The Winner will be announced Oct. 30th.
He is up against some notable Mustached Americans below.
- Eric Holder: 82nd Attorney General of the United States
- Bill Geist: CBS Sunday Morning and 60 Minutes anchor
- Sully Sullenberger: U.S. Airways pilot successfully carried out the emergency landing of US Airways Flight 1549 in the Hudson River
- Landry Jones: Oklahoma quarterback
- Brendan Ryan: St. Louis Cardinals
- Clay Zavada: Arizona Diamondbacks
- Robert Mohr: Operations Group Commander for the 131st Fighter Wing
- David Axelrod: Democratic operative, a top advisor to President Barack Obama.
You can vote for anyone one of the candidates be logging ontohttp://www.americanmustacheinstitute.org/MustacheAmericanOfYear-Voting.aspx
# # #
Bias comes in many forms. And the end of the 1970s marked a significant turn - and began a dark period - of discrimination against mustached Americans.
While until then it was fashionable to wear a mustache, virtually overnight, it became a fad reserved for the likes of law enforcement, steel workers, motor cross drivers, and members of the Village People.
Enter the American Mustache Institute (AMI) - based in St. Louis as the city is home to the world's largest mustache - the St. Louis Arch. AMI is an advocacy organization protecting the rights of, and fighting discrimination against, mustached Americans by promoting the growth, care, and culture of the mustache.
AMI continues to battle negative stereotyping that has accompanied the mustache since those glory years of the 1970s - the peak of mustache acceptance - fighting to create a climate of acceptance, understanding, flavor saving, and upper lip warmth for all mustached Americans alike.