--New Closing Times Take Effect this Weekend
--Visitors Advised to Buy Timed Tickets Early to Avoid Sellouts
SALT LAKE CITY, Oct. 2, 2008—Beginning Friday, Oct. 3, The Leonardo will extend opening hours for Gunther von Hagens’ BODY WORLDS 3 & The Story of the Heart, currently on display at the museum. The new hours are as follows:
Exhibit Opens Last Ticket Issued
Sunday – Wednesday 10 a.m. 5 p.m.
Thursday – Saturday 10 a.m. 7 p.m.
The Leonardo box office is open at 9 a.m. every day, and the museum closes two hours after the last ticket is issued.
“We are thrilled at how much support we have already received from this community,” said Alexandra Hesse, exhibits and programs director for The Leonardo. “Tens of thousands of visitors have already attended BODY WORLDS, and we expect demand to continue to increase. We are happy to extend our hours to ensure visitors have even more opportunities to experience this wonderful exhibit.”
The Leonardo is offering the following attendance guidelines to help visitors have the best experience possible.
· Buy early: Advanced ticket purchases are strongly recommended. Timeslots regularly sell out, especially on the weekends. In other markets, BODY WORLDS exhibits get busier over time. Buy now to ensure yourself a ticket.
· Timed tickets: All tickets to BODY WORLDS are sold in half-hour timeslots. If you purchase a ticket for 3 p.m., you have until 3:30 p.m. to enter the exhibit.
· Closing hours: The last tickets sold are for two hours prior to the museum closing time. For example, if the museum closes at 7 p.m., the last ticket sold will be sold for the 5 p.m. timeslot.
· Give yourself time: The average dwell time in BODY WORLDS is 90 minutes. However, some visitors spend less, and others spend considerably more time in the exhibition. Please ensure that you give yourself plenty of time to experience the exhibit when booking your tickets. For example, if you want to spend three full hours in the gallery, do not purchase a 5 p.m. ticket on a day the museum closes at 7 p.m.
· Busy times: BODY WORLDS is considered a major cultural event. The exhibition regularly sells out, particularly on Friday nights and weekends. During these times, the gallery can be crowded and get a little warm. Some visitors really enjoy being part of this kind of excitement. However, if you prefer to attend the exhibit during a time that is less busy, we recommend that you visit The Leonardo during the week. Early afternoons have traditionally been the least busy. However, as demand continues to increase, all days and times will get busier.