We'll be talking about this on the show later this week, but here's the scoop on the new bus service between Salt Lake City and Denver (with stops in both Park City and Heber).
The Utah Department of Transportation (UDOT) has officially launched the new Intercity Bus route on the U.S. Highway 40 corridor between Salt Lake City and Denver.
- UDOT conducted three planning studies and identified a need for Intercity Bus service along U.S. Highway 40 between Duchesne and Uintah Counties and Salt Lake City
- In December 2008, UDOT and the Colorado Department of Transportation (CDOT) formed a unique partnership to launch the new Intercity Bus route
- Largely because of limited transportation options, more than 50 percent of all non-drivers age 65 and older—or 3.6 million Americans—stay at home on any given day partially because they lack transportation options
- According to a national survey of individuals age 65 or older, conducted by Harris Interactive in November 2005, more than four in five seniors believe public transportation is a better alternative to driving alone, especially at night
- Public transportation systems provide a vital link to the more than 1 million Americans with disabilities
- Greyhound is the awarded service provider
- A daily round trip service is provided seven days a week, 365 days per year, between Salt Lake City and Denver
- The total duration of the trip from Salt Lake City to Denver is approximately 12 hours
- Eastbound departures leave Salt Lake City at 7:45 a.m. with arrival in Denver at 8:05 p.m.
- Westbound departures will leave Denver at 11:00 a.m. with arrival in Salt Lake City at 11:10 p.m.
- The cost between Utah stops varies depending on distance. Individuals can purchase tickets and can learn of special discounts and promotions at www.greyhound.com or by calling 1-800-231-2222
- The following is information on the Utah stops:
- Salt Lake City-300 South 600 West
- Park City-1476 New Park Blvd
- Heber City-Silver Eagle, 1590 West U.S. Highway 40
- Duchesne-Keel, 655 West Main
- Roosevelt-Jiffy’s, 200 North 265 West
- Vernal-Jiffy’s, 630 West Main
- Myton-Flag stop, passengers wave down bus on U.S. Highway 40