A group of 14 local skiers are joining Ski Utah on March 15 (tomorrow) to ski at each of Utah's 14 ski resorts--an achievement they want to pursue in exchange for raising funds to benefit Huntsman Cancer Institute, Leukemia and Lymphoma Society and The National Ability Center.
The old Ski Utah record was 13 resorts in one day, which was January 13, 2009. Since then, Eagle Point has opened near Beaver, Utah, thus presenting a new challenge of skiing at all 14 Utah resorts.
What this challenge illustrates is the accessibility of all of Utah's ski resorts.
Ski Utah’s Schedule on March 15, 2012 is as follows:
· 2:30 a.m.- Meet in lobby of Lodging at Brian Head Resort · 3:00 a.m.- Ski Brian Head
· 3:20 a.m.- Depart for Eagle Point · 5:00 a.m.- Arrive at Eagle Point and ski
· 5:20 a.m.- Depart from Eagle Point · 8:20 a.m.- Arrive and ski at Sundance Resort
· 8:40 a.m.- Drive to Deer Valley Resort · 9:00 a.m.- Board Deer Crest Gondola at Jordanelle and ski to Snow Park Lodge
· 9:30 a.m.- Drive to Park City Mountain Resort · 9:55 a.m.- Arrive and ski Park City Mountain Resort
· 10:10 a.m.- Drive to Canyons Resort · 10:25 a.m.- Arrive and ski at Canyons Resort
· 10:55 a.m.- Drive to Little Cottonwood Canyon · 11:45 a.m.- Board Snowbird Tram and ski Mineral Basin over to Alta and down to Collins Lift · 12:15 p.m.- Vehicles meet skiers at base of Collins Lift at Alta Ski Area
· 12:30 p.m.- Drive to Solitude · 1:30 p.m.- Arrive at Brighton and ski to Solitude via Soli/Bright trail
· 2:10 p.m.- Drive to Snowbasin · 3:30 p.m.- Arrive and ski Snowbasin
· 3:50 p.m.- Drive to Wolf Mountain · 4:10 p.m.- Arrive and ski Wolf Mountain
· 4:30 p.m.- Drive to Powder Mountain · 5:00 p.m.- Arrive and ski Powder Mountain
· 5:30 p.m.- Drive to Beaver Mountain · 8:00 p.m.- Arrive and ski Beaver Mountain.
And voila! That's 14 ski resorts in one day! You can follow the groups progress in real-time by visiting the Ski Utah Yeti's blog posts located at SkiUtah.com.