Homemade treats can really show how much you care for someone, but it doesn't have to take all day or be difficult. So if you would like to bake up something sweet for your loved one today, here is a recipe for an easy-to-make chocolate souffle! Souffles are often seen as being tough to make. However, you can have a little piece of chocolatey goodness in less than an hour! Plus, your special someone may not even tell that it was "so easy" to make.
Here's what you need to make 2 servings of So-Easy Chocolate Souffles (recipe from EatingWell.com).
Ingredients 3 tablespoons granulated sugar, divided 2 1/2 ounces semisweet or bittersweet chocolate, chopped 1 large egg, separated, plus 2 large egg whites 1 tablespoon heavy cream 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon 1/8 teaspoon salt Confectioners' sugar, for dusting (optional) Equipment: Two 10-ounce ramekins
Now to achieve the good stuff, there are some necessary steps in putting all of these together. Let's get started!
1. Position rack in center of oven; preheat to 375°F. Lightly coat two 10-ounce ramekins with cooking spray; coat the insides of each with 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar.
2. Place chocolate in a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on Medium, stirring every 20 seconds, until melted, 1 to 2 minutes.
3. Whisk egg yolk and cream in a medium bowl until combined. Whisk in the chocolate until smooth, then whisk in flour and cinnamon until incorporated.
4. Beat egg whites and salt in a medium bowl with an electric mixer on high speed until soft peaks form. Beat in the remaining 2 tablespoons sugar in four additions, until stiff, glossy peaks form.
5. Using a rubber spatula, gently fold half the beaten whites into the chocolate mixture until fairly smooth; then gently fold this combined mixture back into the remaining egg whites until no white streaks remain. Divide between the prepared ramekins and place on a baking sheet. Bake until puffed and firm to the touch, 18 to 22 minutes. Dust with confectioners’ sugar, if desired. Serve immediately.
Now you have the goods to make your special someone something delicious!
Happy Valentine's Day!