The U.S. Census Bureau is Seeking Managers for the 2010 Census
Positions Located at Local Census Office Scheduled to Open in Ogden
Denver, CO: The U.S. Census Bureau’s Denver Regional Census Center is recruiting managers now for the Ogden Local Census Office, set to open in the fall of 2009.
“We are seeking qualified applicants now to ensure that the census operations are conducted on time, with a quality staff that is familiar with the community and knows the culture of the local population,” said Cathy Illian, Director of the Denver Regional Census Center.
Management positions include:
- Local Census Office Manager - maintains overall responsibilities for the quality and progress of field operations
- Assistant Manager, Field Operations - supervises all address listing and data collection activities
- Assistant Manager, Recruiting - implements the recruiting plan
- Assistant Manager, Quality Assurance - supervises the quality of all field operations
- Assistant Manager, Administration - responsible for office administrative activities
- Assistant Manager, Technology - responsible for technology functions
Applicants should be skilled at: supervising, planning, development, managing and handling fast paced operations. Minimum qualifications for all positions require applicants to have U.S. Citizenship, clear the FBI background check and pass a supervisory test.
Those interested should visit the census employment website at www.census.gov/roden/www/2010emply.html for detailed job descriptions and directions on how to apply. Applicants can also call 801-736-5060 to schedule a supervisory test.