(Courtesy Recycle Utah)
PARK CITY, UTAH – Free household hazardous materials collection for residents will be held Saturday, May 14th at the Canyons parking lot starting at 9 am. This is an annual collection program to encourage proper disposal of these toxic and harmful products.
The event is a joint effort between Recycle Utah, The Snyderville Basin Water Reclamation District (SBWRD), Copper Moose Farm, Park City Municipal Corporation and Summit County with special thanks to the Park City Fire Service District.
Grants from Summit County, Park City Municipal and SBWRD make this event free of charge for residents. Small businesses, aka “small quantity generators”, must make an appointment to drop off their materials between noon and 1 pm. Fees apply. Call Recycle Utah for more details at 435-649-9698.
Proper disposal of hazardous materials protects our watersheds, the environment and our local fire fighters.
Here is a list of the materials that will be accepted this year:
· Automotive products including antifreeze, used oil, brake and transmission fluid, car batteries, tires, gasoline, diesel and fuel additives, solvents and degreasers.
· Paints, solvents and woodworking supplies including paint thinners and strippers, stains and finishes.
· Household cleaners including polishes, drain openers, oven cleaners and pool and spa chemicals.
· Fertilizers, pesticides, herbicides and insect repellents.
· Rechargeable batteries, fluorescent light bulbs and smoke detectors
· Mercury containing items such as switches, thermostats, thermometers and CFL’s.
· Propane and white gas fuel cylinders.
· Non-working appliances containing freon, including air conditioners and refrigerators.
Recycle Utah is Summit County’s only non profit drop off recycling center located at 1951 Woodbine Way in Park City. The center collects more than 50 different recyclable items every day and provides educational and conservation programs for residents, businesses and visitors. For more information, visit their website at www.recycleutah.org or call 435-649-9698.