BARK IN THE PARK- A CANINE CARNIVAL FOR A GOOD CAUSE
Park City, UT July 7, 2008- Bark in the Park, Park City's official "canine carnival" will be held July 19th from 10am-4pm at Willow Creek Park (off Old Ranch Road in Park City).
The park will be transformed into a giant pet friendly festival, including an agility course, dog wash, low-cost microchipping, paw-prints painting area, food vendors, exciting performances, contests and great prizes for the "top dog" in each event. Hundreds of dogs and their people are expected to attend this Saturday’s fundraiser.
The day’s festivities include:
- 10:30am Dog Derbies contest under 30 pounds
- 10:45am Dog Derbies contest30 pounds and over
- 11am Go Fetch Frisbee Toss- best catch contest
- 11:30am Thunder Paws Flyball performance
- 12-noon Dog/Owner look alike contest
- 12:30pm Brickyard Kennels Agility Dogs perform
- 1pm Dazzle Dogs perform
- 1:30pm Musical Sit contest under 30 pounds
- 1:45pm Musical Sit contest 30 pounds and over
- 2pm Best Trick contest
- 2:30pm Brickyard Kennels Agility Dogs perform
- 3pm Thunder Paws Flyball performance
- 3:30pm Roll Over Beethoven contest
A $1 donation is suggested to enter a pet in any of the above events. All proceeds from
Bark in the Park will benefit Friends of Animals (FOA) new Rescue and Rehabilitation
facility, now under construction in Browns Canyon.
About Summit County Friends of Animals – FOA is a non-profit animal rescue and rehabilitation organization which provides care for animals in need throughout the state of Utah and in emergency situations, other parts of the country. In 2007, FOA found permanent, loving homes for over 800 animals. The FOA adoption center, “Furburbia”, is located at the Tanger Outlet Center in Park City, Utah. In addition to operating Furburbia, FOA recently broke ground on a new 100-acre animal rescue and rehabilitation facility in Browns Canyon. This amazing, state-of-the-art center will allow FOA to help many more animals in need. Construction is slated for completion at the end of 2008.
A special thanks to the following sponsors for making Bark in the Park possible:
Booster Juice, Wasatch Bagel, Classy Canine, Home Again, iPaw, PetCo, Crosby Collection, Bark City Pet Emporium, Knead a Massage, Cafe Sabor, The Corndog Shack, Asset Communications, and the real estate team of Chin, MacQuoid, Flemming and Harris.