So after not having a "real" Irish bar (apologies to J.B. Mulligans and O'Shucks, but having Guinness doesn't make you an Irish bar) for years, now Park City has two that have opened in the past 5 months. First Flanagans on Main Street, now Molly Blooms in Kimball Junction...
April 10, 2009 - Park City, UT: Molly Bloom’s Restaurant & Pub announces its grand opening celebration, Saturday, April 11, 2009, beginning at 8 pm. The event will feature Utah’s very own Celtic rock band, Swagger, and The Heathen Highlanders Bagpiping Corp., beginning at 9 pm.
Molly Bloom’s is a new, locally owned dining and entertainment venue located in the heart of Kimball Junction at 1680 West Ute Boulevard, Suite D-1: the green suite, naturally! With a large dining area, vaulted ceilings and impressive wood bar, Molly Bloom’s offers a great atmosphere for a social evening and special events. The menu is extensive and varied, incorporating modern pub food and traditional Irish favorites. With all entrees priced at $16 and under, Molly Bloom’s offers a fresh and affordable dining option.
The bar features 16 taps, a well-priced wine list and a variety of spirits – something to satisfy every taste! Molly Bloom’s offers entertainment for all ages: a pool table will keep the young folks busy, and a variety of live musical performances (to include live Irish/Celtic music) will have people’s feet tapping! A large open patio provides three-season seating with amazing views of the three local ski resorts and the Olympic Park and is available as a venue for summer concerts and events.
Molly Bloom’s is feeling the “green” well beyond its Irish roots! A unique collaboration between Molly Bloom’s and the building owner, SP Kimball Village, has created a healthier working and dining environment and reduced environmental impacts from the project. Working together, Molly Bloom’s and SP Kimball Village have:
- Recaptured and recycled building materials including wood, steel, mirrors, fixtures and an HVAC system;
- Installed a solar (PV) array for common area lighting;
- Used low-VOC paints and stains on the interior and exterior of the restaurant;
- Installed microprocessor-controlled refrigeration units for a 300% gain in energy efficiency;
- Installed state-of-the-art kitchen equipment that results in a 20% energy savings over conventional equipment; and
- Installed a high-efficiency tankless water heater that is 80% more efficient than standard tank heating.
Molly Bloom’s is open daily 11am to midnight. Welcome and sláinte!